
Well, i figured maybe we should give a little explanation about ourselves. An introduction if you will...I (Brooke) am from Oregon, but moved to Utah when i was 16 in 2001. I graduated from Alta High in 2003 and went to the College of Eastern Utah to play volleyball. While there I also played basketball as well. When I finished there I transfered to Utah Valley State to continue with volleyball. Jordan moved to Vernal when he was 10 from SLC. He graduated from Uintah in 2001. From there he went to Dawson College in Montana for a year before transfering to SLCC. At both schools he played basketball and did awesome! After his year at SLCC he went on his mission to the Phillippines. He got back in October of 2005 and came to school at Utah Valley in Jan. of '06. And that is where our story begins....we met at a girl's basketball game the first week back of school in January. He started talking to me and I was pretty hesitant and didn't say much. I still didn't really know who he was for another week or 2. After that we started hanging out because his bball team and my vball team hung out all the time. We became pretty good friends and went on our first date on April 8 of that year. I won't lie, I was pretty scared to be "dating" a friend, but it all turned out good. We had about 2 weeks of awkwardness, but after that, it was smooth sailing. We got engaged on July 15 and were married on Sept. 23, 2006. So we have been married now for about a year and 5 months. We are loving every day of it! We are both still going to school at Utah Valley State, but we will both graduate in April. Yay!! We can't wait! My volleyball days are over now, and Jordan is in his last year for basketball. He is having a great year! Anyway, that is a little about us. We are loving life and loving each other. We will see what the future holds for us. It will be exciting!
1 comment:
Brooke what year did Jordan play at Dawson- my high school boyfriend who actually was named Jordan matthews went there - I was just wondering if it was the same year? cute blog by the way!!
Post a Comment