Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hooray for Jordan!!! Oh...and Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! This time last year, we were getting ready to come home from Luxembourg. It's crazy to think it's been a year! Well this year things are a little different.....As I said before, Jordan got drafted by the Utah Flash and went to training camp with them. They take 17 to camp, and have to cut the team down to 10 by their first game. Well, Jordan made it all the way through camp and on Wednesday he was the 11th guy so he got the very last cut....on the best, most experienced and talented team in the league. However, they told him there was a possibility that they would actually need to re-assign him to their team later that day or sometime while they were on the road during this trip. A player was having knee problems...anyway, they guy decided to play. Then later on again that day the coach called him and said "well, one of the players has decided to opt out of his contract and go overseas so we are going to bring you back on". Anyway...after a bit of waiting (which is what this industry is) he finally got the final call that they are assigning him to their team for sure. So yay!!! Jordan is on the Flash! They left yesterday morning for an 11 day roadtrip!!! Eeeek! I'm not happy about being away from him for that long, but I guess I have to get used to it, plus I'm super excited and happy for him! Anyway, they had a preseason game at Burley High School in Idaho on Monday night. It was interesting...they lost, but it was still fun to see him in a Flash uniform and playing. I LOVE to watch Jordan play!!



Jordan signing autographs with Wyatt


The family after the game

In other news.....here are some funny pictures of Wyatt....enjoy!

This was sooooo funny! Right after Wyatt woke up I brought him out to the kitchen. I left for a minute and when I came back....this is what I found. He had walked over to the table in the family room and found a leftover White Fudge Oreo Cookie and thought that would be a good breakfast food. He was soooooo cute though!

I went in to get Wyatt and he had lifted the matress part of the pack n'play up and was playing under it. Funny little boy!

Wyatt's Thanksgiving dinner....he ate EVERYTHING on that plate!! PLUS a roll!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Ours was great!! ..... Well, as great as it could be without Jordan. :(

8 comments:

Lauren Tatton said...

How fun and exciting! It was so good to see you!

meag said...

YEAH FOR JORDAN. that is so so exciting. i'm so happy for you guys. my aunt said she talked to jordan at the game in burley. hope i can come watch him play sometime. thats awesome.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

How exciting!!!! Way to go Jordan and good luck on the trip! We are so happy for you:)

The Belchers said...

Congratulations! We are so happy that all of his hard work is paying off! We would love to see a game!!!!! Keep us updated on his schedule! (P.S.- Wyatt is the cutest)

Sarah Dowland said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Congrats to Jordan! That is so exciting! We may just have to come out to a home game. I have to tell you, Adam just came over to look at the pictures and he was shocked at how big Wyatt is...what a cutie. And a little oinker...good eater! Congrats and happy late Thanksgiving!

Alyssa/Jo said...

Super Duper YAY!!!! That is awesome Jordan! Congrats!

Charlie and Cassie said...

how awesome for Jordan! congrats!

Rachel said...

Congratulations to Jordan! And I love reading your blog posts Brooke. Wyatt is SO cute!