Friday, June 17, 2011

Birthdays!

Well Jordan has made it home safely (it's been about a week and a half now...why has this week and a half gone by faster than one of the week and a halves he was gone?). We are loving having him back! Our little family is complete again.

Chamberlain's birthday was May 29 and he turned 1 but Jordan was gone. We at least gave him a little cupcake to eat on his birthday which he did great and ate the whole thing! We had my family and Jordan's family over for dinner, cake and presents for Chamberlain this last Sunday. It was yummy food, good presents and a fun little party. The best part was Chamberlain eating his cake. I totally thought he would go after the cake and eat it up and love it like he did with the cupcake but it was the total opposite! I think it had to do with the frosting though. He did NOT like having the frosting on his hands. He freaked out and started crying when his hands got covered. I cleaned his hands off and he started eating. When they got covered with frosting again, he'd cry. Anyway, it wasn't what I expected but it was still fun. Wyatt mostly came and would eat the cake for Chamberlain. It was funny. Here's a few pictures from his party.


Opening some presents. Those shoes he's holding are some CUTE shoes Jordan got for Chamberlain in China...they're so cute! Wyatt got some blue ones.


Getting ready to eat the cake


We had to pull the cake open like that so he could see there was food to eat


This about sums up his cake eating. Not happy! Thanks frosting!



My birthday was on May 31, but I didn't celebrate it till Jordan got home. I'm getting old. 26! We had a little family party for me on Wednesday night. Jordan was so funny about it. He was trying to be all sneaky and made me leave the house for a while before the party and he even made me stay in our room until he came and got me while he was making my cake and wrapping presents. He's so sweet and thoughtful and it was a cute little set-up. I'm impressed with him. It wasn't a suprise party or anything but he wanted me to be suprised when I came in for the party (probably for the decorations). So I went to my sister's kickball game with my mom while Jordan and the boys set up. He said they were SO excited while they were setting up. When we got back from the game, we opened presents and had some cake. It was fun! Thanks for the cute little party Jordan! I love you!


Making my cake


Jordan's set up. I was impressed. It was all color coordinated.

My cake. Daisy's are my favorite flower so he put some on my cake. Just a quick story about the cake....I have had this funfetti cake ever since I can remember. My brother (my twin) and I don't agree on much, but this is the ONE thing we would always agree on. They type of birthday cake we got. It's just stuck since we were little. I don't have to have it anymore, I like other cakes, but this is just the cake we do for our birthday. It's fun.



Me and my boys (minus Jordan). Aparently Wyatt was SO SO SO excited to give me this card! He picked it out and the whole day he would ask Jordan if he could give me his suprise!

Chamberlain had fun under the table where I opened my presents with all the bows and ribbon.



These are just some cute pictures from lately...




He went through my bag and found the binky cover, so he tried to suck on it. haha silly boy

Just practicing basketball...typical

I could hear laughing in the boys room in the moring when they woke up and this is what I found. Wyatt put all 3 pillows from his bed, his comforter, his doggy and himself into Chamberlain's crib. They were having fun. They were both standing up bouncing in the crib like this when I came in.


Chamberlain's first bike ride. It's a daily thing now.


And I HAD to put this picture in. He was just watching TV and Jordan saw him like this so he snapped this picture. The kid is only 2!!! Seriously?!

3 comments:

Tati said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!!! Miss you guys!

Brena and Brendan said...

Happy Birthday Brooky! Your little guys r so darn cute and I loved your presents! Your hubby is so sweet to wrap and display them so nicely!

Charlie and Cassie said...

cute pictures, your boys are getting so big!