Sunday, September 25, 2011

2 special days in a row!

We have 2 special days in a row in our house in September. September 23 is Jordan and my anniversary. This year we celebrated the big 5! WOW! It seems like 5 years have flown by, but at the same time it feels like we've just been together forever! I have loved every bit of our 5 years together and am so greatful to have Jordan in my life. He is a kind, thoughtful, selfless (just to name a few) guy and I love him more than I can even express! He has created a wonderful family with me and I am so greatful for all that we have been able to accomplish and experience together. I can't wait for the rest of our life and see what it holds. This year was really low key, but it was still great! Last year we had a little overnighter in Park City for #4, so this year we just went to dinner and a movie. The kids stayed the night at my mom's so that was great! After the movie we went to Walmart to pick up some last minute things for the big day we had coming next.

The next day, September 24, was this cuties 3rd birthday...



Wyatt is such a sweet, kind, unbelievably smart, funny, loving boy! I seriously could not ask for a better kid! He's an awesome big brother! He is so wonderful and is growing up so fast! I seriously can't believe he's 3 already! I still remember the day he was born so clearly. What a blessing he is to Jordan and I (and Chamberlain). We started off the day by going to Jordan's flag football game in the morning. After that we came home and he opened presents from Jordan and I. Then my mom came over and gave him one of her presents and then we got to work preparing food for his party. I don't know what I would have done without my mom's help. She seriously saved me! Anyway, he loved his presents from us. These are a few of them: a football, a new sweat suit, and some sweet basketball shoes!


After we worked on some food, we went to go visit Nonnie (my grandma). She is 91 and is really coming close to the end of her life (like probably within the next few weeks). We LOVE Nonnie so much and are so greatful for her and all that she does for our family (after all, we are living in her house). Wyatt sure loves her too. Whenever we go see her he runs in and gives her the biggest hugs and kisses. Nonnie sure loves Wyatt too. She really perks up and changes her demeanor when she sees him and Chamberlain. We got a picture of Wyatt and Chamberlain with Nonnie for his birthday and because it might be one of the last pictures with her.


After visiting Nonnie, it was back to the house to continue working on party prep. I was stressing! We had a party for Wyatt with all the kids in his nursery and their families, plus a couple other people, and then family. He wanted a pirate party (he LOVES Jake and the Neverland Pirates!) and was so excited for it! We made telescopes, pirate hats, and swords out of newspaper and cardboard boxes. Each kid got one of each and an eye patch. They played with all their apparel for the first little bit and then it was on to the treasure hunt. Jordan made a ship out of a cardboard box. Wyatt automatically started calling it the "Jolly Roger" (Captain Hook's ship) so that's what it was called all night. Anyway, the kids got inside and walked around with the ship to each clue. There were 5 clues and they loved going around and finding each one outside. When they got to the end where the treasure was, they were so excited!! We made a treasure chest out of an old shoe box and spray painted it gold. Inside the treasure chest was all sorts of candy wrapped in silver and and gold. They had so much fun. After the treasure hunt, they "walked the plank" on a long board. We had a few other games for them to play but it was getting late so we ended the games and started in on the food. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and had salad, pasta, fruits and veggies and chips. It was yummy! After dinner we did cake and ice cream. We asked people not to bring presents for him, even though some people did. We didn't open presents at the party though. People hung around till about 8:30, so it was a pretty long party. I'd say it was successful and I think everyone had a great time! I loved seeing Wyatt so happy and excited for things and playing with his friends. I'm glad we did a party with friends this year, but it was definitely a lot more work than I thought it would be. Here are some more pictures from his party...

The kids in the "Jolly Roger" getting ready to start the treasure hunt. We eventually had to abandon ship...it was getting to hard to take to each clue. Luckily they didn't have to cross anymore water on the clues.

Wyatt eating candy with Garrett and Jefferson. Wyatt shares a birthday with Garrett (on left). Both September 24 babies, both turned 3!

A few of the parents made their way outside to watch the treasure hunt and relax.

Somehow the basketball hoop got brought outside. Not pirate related, but still a big hit...you can see Wyatt just finished shooting...he's still in air.

Wrigley, Jefferson and Wyatt playing in the "Jolly Roger".


This is one of the clues...they were all attached to a pirate balloon and they had to find them.

Jordan's little brother and sister, Cameron and Annie were great helpers through the night

Chamberlain found a plate on the table. So he climbed onto the chair and started eating it. Funny boy. He always wants food!

Some of the kids eating cake and ice cream.

Chamberlain eating a cupcake. The day before, when I was making the cupcakes, I went outside to get something and when I came back in, Chamberlain was halfway down the hall to me and he had a cupcake in his hand and had already taken a bite. The kid has a reach. I thought they were far enough on the counter that he couldn't get them, but I guess I was wrong.

Wyatt is lucky enough that he gets to share his birthday with grandma Mary (Jordan's mom). Her birthday is the 24th too! Jordan has something kind of fun in common with Wyatt. Jordan was born the day after his parents anniversary, and Wyatt was born the day after our anniversary.
We LOVE you Wyatt!!! Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

meag said...

wow, can't believe he's 3 either...slow the time down please. he is darling!!! and my oh my, i can see how your were stressed with the party planning...that was a big ol party. but i'm sure it was perfect.