
I hate lunch for about 5 reasons. Let me tell you why...
1. I swear my kids don't really eat lunch. They just want to eat everything other than what I make them.
2. feel like I make the same thing over and over. I have a rotation and it consists of about 5 different things. Real boring.
3. I'm totally uncreative in the kitchen.
a). I hate to cook (ok well i don't hate it, but it's definitely not my favorite thing.) I'd rather bake.
b). My husband can look in the pantry and find the most random things, put it together, and we have a delicious meal...me, well lets just say i can't do that.
4. I feel like lunch should be simple and easy, yet it's the most stressful of meals for me.
5. It's the forgotten meal. There's breakfast, which most people eat at least something, even if it's not first thing after you wake up. And there's dinner, which is like the main meal of the day (at least in my book). Then there's lunch...what can i scrap up for lunch today? Snacking sounds better to me.
Eh, anyway, the point of my post is to ask for advice. Do any of you have good lunch ideas? Or anyway to make lunch less annoying for me? Cuz I'm out of ideas. Lunch is by far my least favorite meal, especially when it comes to my kids. Does that make me a bad mom? No, i'm sure it doesn't, but ahhhh! Help.
ps...this is more of a venting post. so sorry. but if you have any ideas, please, let me know. thanks!
3 comments:
I know how u feel but mine is dinner. We do grilled cheese with tomato soup, chicken nuggets, rice, eggs, tuna sandwiches, PBJ sandwiches, salads, ramen noodles, hot dogs, and mostly leftovers from dinner the night before. Hope that helps!
I keep a few easy things that are healthy, but quick (microwavable..etc.) that I know Freddy will eat and then every thing else I serve is leftovers which is really easy. The only trouble (like you said) is getting Freddy to actually eat his lunch. But he has learned by now that if he doesn't eat what I make him then no snacks and it will sit there until it's gone - I don't like wasting food.
totally agree... when i was in brasil my in-laws had big fancy lunches sometimes and i want lunch to be soooo simple. i got put in charge of making lunch everyday and was always drawing a blank. who says you cant have a pb&j every day. we are coming down to the byu game tomorrow. trying to work out plans to come earlier but they arent working. i'm hoping we can find a baby sitter and make it down early so that i can visit you... if not we have to just put something on the calandar and stick to it... we need to visit. SOON! love you
Post a Comment