Saturday, May 16, 2009

San Antonio, TX

So we made it safely to San Antonio about 2 weeks ago. Don't worry, we're still alive. We took our time coming and stopped in Vernal on our way out, and made another stop in Denver for a Flash game. We then drove from there to Dallas in one day which was long but good. In Dallas we saw one of Jordan's old basketball assistant coaches from his freshman year of college in Montana. After that we stopped for a few days in Houston to see our friends the Ravenberg's. After a few days there, we made it to San Antonio. So far things are going pretty well for us. It's very hot and humid here!! But that's ok. I mostly just stay inside with wyatt during the day and do my errands in the evening. Jordan is the one outside all day walking around selling. Poor guy. We sure appreciate his hard work, that's for sure!
Well wyatt is getting so big! we live on the 3rd floor and trust me, packing that kid around up and down the stairs is hard work!! He is the cuttest little guy! I don't know how many times people stop me when I'm out and tell me how cute my baby is. ALL THE TIME!!! Especially at the store! When I'm in the self check out isle, the ladies that work there always come up and look at him...a couple ladies even come to see him more than once during my check out. He's just a social butterfly and smiles and puts his game on for the ladies. We better keep our eye on this little one. ;) He is in the process of learning to crawl, but he sure doesn't seem like he is in any hurry to get there. He has been getting up on all 4's for about 2 weeks now. He just gets up and rocks back and forth, which I know they do for a while. He's REAL good at crawling around backwards in a sence. He doesn't really crawl, more like just pushes himself back. It's funny. I do, however, think he will bear crawl or something close to it. He gets up on his hands and feet with his little bum poking up in the air and from there he gets on his knees and scoots the knees forward. He can get up on his hands and knees just regular too, but I think it's funny that he does his little bear crawl pose too. The only thing stopping him from crawling is that he doesn't know to move his hands/arms. They stay put, but as soon as he figures that out.....he'll be long gone. So really anyday.
He is such a talker now too and uses a regular quiet voice instead of his yelling he has been doing, but occasionally we get to still be graced with a loud outburst. He is eating lots and lots and loves his fruits and veggies! Especially the fruit! and he makes this sound when he eats like "mmm"...it's too cute. He also loves his sippy cup! I bought one for him last week. He mostly just plays with it since he doesn't know how to drink it on his own, but when I help him, he likes the water. I am still nursing him too though. He is just growing up so fast and I can't believe he's almost 8 months...that's just 1 month shy of the pregnancy...crazy! I can't wait for everyone to see him when we come back in june for a week.

3 comments:

Brooke and Justin said...

So Im confused... you are in Texas? I guess it has been a while since I have talked to you. San Antonio is so fun! You need to check out all the River Walk and all the fun restaurants! We went down there a few times last summer! Hope your having fun!!

meag said...

ok, i need to see you in june when you come home for sure. I know i'll be in utah on the 19th and 20th, but let me know. and my mom wanted me to tell you that she LOVES san antonia, and is jealous your there. loves!

Lauren Tatton said...

Hey girly! What a fun adventure! I hope you are loving it!