Friday, January 15, 2010

This is what happens when you forget diapers

So this was a funny story that happened like a month ago. But, since I haven't blogged about anything lately and don't have anything to blog about right now, I felt like telling you all about it.

About a month ago, Jordan and I went to a party and we had his mom watch Wyatt for us. We dropped him off at like 5 or so and headed out. As we got to our party, I realized all too late that I had forgotten to leave any diapers or wipes with his mom, as they were still in my purse. I couldn't stop thinking about it and was like "There's nothing she can do! I really hope Wyatt doesn't poop while we're gone! What is she gonna do if he does?" I kept bugging Jordan about it and was kinda wanting to go because I was worried. Finally Jordan was like "Brooke, my mom has had 7 kids. She's inventive and will figure it out. Stop worrying". There was no way for us to talk to his mom because she wasn't using her cell phone (I can't remember why) which is why i was worried even more.

Anyway, we ended up leaving the party at like 9:30 or 10, but it was downtown so it took us like 20 minutes to get to his mom's. When we got there this is how we found him.......



He had infact pooped while we were gone and she had to improvise by using Jordan's little sisters underware and a hair clip. I think by the time we got there he had gone through 2 or 3 pairs, only pee though. I was laughing so hard! His mom just said "well, he piddled on the floor in a few places, but this worked enough till you guys got here". She laughed about it too. She was rocking him and had him wrapped in a towel and a blanket when we got there, along with the underware.

Moral of the story, always remember to leave extra diapers for the sitter, otherwise your kid might end up like this.......





At least he's got a cute little bum!

6 comments:

Sarah Dowland said...

That is so funny! Thanks for sharing!

Travis and Emily Leavitt said...

So cute!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

HILARIOUS! Good lesson learned:)

Lindsey said...

so funny! and congrats on the baby! That is so exciting!!

gini said...

Brooke that is SOOO freaking funny! Congrats on your new baby!! You're adorable!

Rachel said...

That is SO hilarious, he pretty much rocks the sumo undies look!