Chamberlain Isaac Brady
6 lbs. 1 oz.
17 1/2 in.
2:58 pm
So as i said in my last post, my doctor wanted to induce me because of how small this little guy was measuring. Obviously, they were right. He's super small!!! We're in awe really, but we still love him the same!
I was supposed to call the hospital at 6am on Saturday the 29th. I called and they said, "Call back at 8", so I called back at 8 and they said "Call back at 9, we'll probably be able to get you here for 10". So I called back at 9 and they said "Be here at 10:30". So we get to the hospital at 10:30. Checked in, registered, yada yada yada...
I finally get into a room at like 11am. When I went to the doctor on Thursday I was dialated to a 3. When they first checked me when I got in on Saturday, I was about a 4 1/2. They didn't start the pitocin until 11:45. Still didn't feel much contractions for a little but then they started coming very regularly and were getting worse. At about 1 the anesthesiologist was busy going back and forth between c-sections and other people and they didn't know if he would make it in to me for at least another hour, maybe longer. They knew that my labor with Wyatt was really quick so they didn't want to risk it, so they talked to him and got him to come give me my epidural before he went to the c-section. I'm soooooooo glad about it too. She checked me just before I got the epidural and I was at a 5. (So we're thinking I'm going to be a while) I got the epidural at about 1:30 and my left side took real good. My right side still took it, but I was still able to feel a little spot of contractions each time they came. Not so fun! Jordan kept asking me if I was ok and I would say I was, but I wasn't. Jordan was like "you are reacting to these way worse than I've seen you react so far". So I told the nurse and she tried to get me more on my right side so it would spread there. Still wasn't getting that spot and it was killing me!
Finally she went and got the anesthesiologist and was going to have him give me another dose. He came in but when she saw me with the contractions, she decided she better check me first. So she checked me and was like "Nevermind that other dose. We're gonna have a baby! She's ready. I bet you only have 2 pushes and he's out. His head is right there!" She called the doctor and we had to wait about 10 minutes for her, but I started pushing at like 2:45 or 2:50. I gave 2 pushes, and was about to give a 3rd and they were like "Hold on, you don't even have to push. Your contraction is doing all the work for you", and sure enough, I just sat through the 3rd contraction and it pushed out the baby all by itself. So I dialated 5cm in less than an hour! I definitely have quick labors and am going to need to let doctors/nurses know for my future kids. haha. This labor was less than 4 hours!
Anyway, it was lovely, and needless to say it was a million and a half times better then my experience/pain with Wyatt's labor!! Hands down! He is super small though, but we couldn't be happier. He is so sweet and we love him so much. It's crazy, you really can love another just the same as the first! He looks nothing like Wyatt did when he was born which is kinda funny. I think I was expecting another Wyatt. This little guy definitely looks like Jordan to me, at least his baby pictures. Here's some pictures of his first day....
Me just waiting for time to tick by....
Jordan was getting hungry...
And he's here!
Proud daddy!
Jordan helping give him his first bath
Cute little tooshy :)
Washing his hair
All clean
Wyatt's first time meeting him. He did great! He's so sweet!
1st family picture
Just hanging out
This little guy didn't have a name for about 24 hours. We had it narrowed down to 3 names, but we just weren't sure. Then we were trying to think of other names after he came. We just couldn't decide what he looked like. But we've finally settled on Chamberlain. And we love it! We'll tell you where we got that name in another post. For now...we are just enjoying our time with our little peanut!
11 comments:
Congrats he looks perfect!
YEAH! congrats to the family and the brand new addition
brooke---i'm so happy for you and i just want to be back there to visit the little guy. you look so great and i'm just a little jealous about how quick your labors are. you look great. love you brookie. enjoy that little one. hope to see you in a few months
HOORAY! I'm so glad this labor was better for you!
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!! I'm so glad he is healthy and that all is well! What a cute little family!!
Congrats he is adorable!!!
Congratulations, you guys! He's beautiful! I'm so happy everything went well! You're going to love having two little boys...little brothers! My two boys are so much fun. And one thing's for sure, little boys LOVE their mama!
congrats on the new baby, he is so sweet and little! hope all is well with you guys!
Your quick labors and easy pregnancies must be a sign that you are supposed to have lots of kids ;)
I love how you keep saying he is small but that you still love him. You would think you 2 would have big babies! It is adorable to see Wyatt with Chamberlain. I'm interested to hear the story with how you decided on that name. I think it is a great name. No one else will have it!
Congrats! It was so fun to see you! Wow you have amazing labors!
Congratulations!!! He is such a little cutie! I can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment