So, I have been going in to the hospital to get monitored with Non-Stress Tests twice a week and had to schedule another ultrasound for 2 weeks after the last one, which was this past Tuesday. Everything has been looking good. My fluids are good, baby's heart rate is good, movement is good, blood flow through the umbilical cord it good, etc..., they just want to keep an eye on him. If the baby haden't grown to at least the 15th percentile, then they were probably going to induce me that day. It's much better to get the baby out and have him thrive outside, if he's not thriving and growing on the inside, and it wasn't very likely that he would grow that much. That would be a lot of growth.
So we go to the appointment, thinking we're pretty sure that I will get induced that day. We bring our bags, just in case....however, to our pleasant suprise, the baby had grown....like a pound and a half. So, they are going to let me keep going till around 39 weeks.
I went to my OB the other day and she measured me and my belly had grown 1 cm...I now measured 32cm...at almost 38 weeks. Anyway, because of the big difference in ultrasounds, my doctor thinks it would be best to induce me at 39 weeks. So I am scheduled to be induced on May 29. I'm hoping he'll decide to make his appearance before then. I am not a fan of being induced. Obviously, if there's a medical concern for you or the baby, that's one thing and ya, induce if it's needed. But I think it's kinda ridiculous to get induced because your sick of being pregnant or uncomfortable, or for whatever reason. Even if your doctor says you could come any day, or your close enough with being dialated or effaced, whatever. No offense to you people who have done that, but I just think that's kinda dumb. What happened to people just going into labor on their own? I think that's more fun and natural. Anyway, so if he's not here before the 29th, that's the big day!
The closer it gets, the more nervous i get. How am i going to do with 2 kids? I always hear 2 kids is tougher than 3 or more. 2 is learning to deal with more than one. But I'm also super excited to meet this little guy. We haven't settled on a name yet, so we'll have to see when he comes. We are excited to see how Wyatt does, but he L-O-V-E-S babies so it should be fun, but i'm sure difficult.
Anyway.....that's the little update with our little peanut. As long as he's healthy, I don't care if he's small.
Here's a 37, basically 38 week belly picture....
4 comments:
and your adorable as a pregnant girl....i will agree 100% with you on getting induced. i'm praying that i dont have to be induced....anyways, i hope all is going great. can't wait to see the cute little guy.
Oh boy, Oh boy! I bet that was kind of scarey. I'm glad things seem to be going well. Hang in there until the induce date. Jump on some trampolines or something:) JK- That doesn't work!
I'm glad your peanut grew lots. Good luck with the joys of 2 kids! I still can't believe that it was this time last year that we were in San Antonio. How time flies!
please take the mini volleyball out from under your shirt and gimmie a break! you look waaaaay too good! good luck with everything cutie, so sorry I couldn't make it to your shower, got something for ya though :)
Post a Comment