Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Growing up too fast...why can't I freeze time?



So Chamberlain is 3 months now and he is just so cute! He's laughing and smiling (although it still takes some effort...i've decided he's a more serious baby) and just growing. He sleeps GREAT at night. He sleeps about 7 hours, wakes up to eat at like 4 or 5 and sleeps for another 5 or 6 hours. He hates tummy time so thats a struggle and quite often gets neglected unfortunately. I feel so bad because he kind of just gets neglected too. Its hard to get things done for myself and Wyatt because Chamberlain just wants to be held all the time. So i just have to stick him in his swing to get things done and it makes me feel bad :( But we sure do love him, even Wyatt. We'll look back in the car randomly and find Wyatt holding Chamberlain's hand. Its so precious.




Now to Wyatt...ok i'm gonna get up on my little box and brag about my kid for a little bit. He has got to be one of the smartest little kids ever...seriously! When he went in for his 18 month check-up the doctor said that kids that age are supposed to be able to say mommy, daddy and like 10 other words? i dunno, i can't remember exactly, but some small number. Anyway, we kept track of Wyatt's words and wrote them down...and at 18 months he could say over 100 words that were completely understandable and he knew what they were. A total stranger could understand him. He will be 2 in a couple weeks and he is completely speaking in sentences. I LOVE that I can have a conversation with him. It's so darn cute! He has been talking with sentences for at least a month now but he's just getting better and better every day. While he was eating lunch today we had a nice conversation.

Me: "Wyatt, what do you want for lunch?"
Wyatt: "I wanna quesedilla" (i have no idea how to spell it)
Me: "OK"
He then ran off to play with some toys while I made his lunch...then he comes back to the kitchen. Chamberlain is on the counter in his bumbo and Wyatt sees him.
Wyatt: "Hi Chamberlain, what you doing up there? Wanna play with me?"
Chamberlain: busy sucking his hands
Wyatt: turns to me "Mmmm, that's yummy" (looking at his lunch)
I put his lunch on the table
Wyatt: "Thank you mommy" (without me telling him to say thank you)
I go to the couch to feed Chamberlain while Wyatt is eating.
Me: "Wyatt, how's your lunch?"
Wyatt: "Very good mommy"
Me: "Good, eat it up"
Wyatt: "Where's Dallas?" (my cousin's dog)
Me: "Right behind you"
He turns around and sees him
Wyatt: "Hi Dallas. What are you doing? Wanna play race together?" (race is when he wants to run around with you)

I just love him. He can also sing the alphabet song by himself and count by himself to 10. He can sing the whole first verse of I Am A Child of God, and he randomly sings a few other primary songs by himself. There's a million other things he can do, but I'm not gonna keep going on. He's just growing up so fast and is so much fun. I wish I could freeze him just the way he is. Ok, enough of my child bragging. Sorry. Ok, well that's it.

6 comments:

meag said...

that is adorable of cute little wyatt...so smart. and chamberlain looks darling. hope your doing great....

C Stolworthy said...

Does he still say 'psych!'?
And you are not bragging - just stating facts.
Keep enjoying them. They grow up way too fast!
Connie

melissa said...

that is a smart little boy. so cute. whats your schedule like on the 21st? how was the alumni game? cant wait to see you

Alyssa/Jo said...

That conversation is incredibly adorable! You guys apparently make super cute and super smart babies!

It's good to get an update on you...it's been forever since we last saw each other!

Maegan Alme said...

Hahaha this conversation with Wyatt just cracks me up! I can totally hear his cute little voice!
That pic of Chamberlain is adorable too! I'm glad you snapped the camera at that one!

Our Fun Times said...

What a little smarty!! I LOVE THAT! I know I wish I could freeze time too, it goes too fast these days and I hate it. :( I can't believe your baby is 3 months old...seriously, where does the time go when you are a mom? It is so fun to check in on you guys, bye for now.
Veva