Friday, September 24, 2010

A Pleasant Suprise!

Jordan and I had our 4 year anniversary on Thursday (the 23rd). We decided to celebrate on Wednesday night instead of Thursday cuz Jordan had to wake up at like 5 on Friday morning, so he wanted to get to bed early on our anniversary. So we decided to go up to Park City and have dinner. My mom had our kids for an hour or so and then Jordan's parents came and got them and watched them the rest of the night. We went up and walked around till we found somewhere we wanted to eat. We stopped at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (yum) and treated ourselves to an Apple Pie Carmel apple before dinner. We finally decided to eat at Bandits. We had all you can eat BBQ. After dinner we were gonna go get some ice cream. We decided to go get some Coldstone, but it was closed. We were looking for somewhere else to get some, but most places looked closed by this time. I knew there was a Coldstone by the freeway and told Jordan to just go there, but he wouldn't. We drove up to Park City Mountain Resort (he was looking at his gps, like he was looking for ice cream up there). Everything looked closed up there and he drove into a parking garage and was like "I wonder what these cars are here for". I'm like "there's nothing open. No ice cream, let's just go to the one by the freeway". I just figured he was being stubborn and thought he would find something open there. Anyway, we are in the parking garage and he is like "go see if that door is open". I'm like "nothing is open", but got out to see anyway. The door was open and Jordan got out to see and he was like "Ok, well lets to get our bags and check into our room huh?". I was like, "OK" (like, ok, whatever). So we get back into the car, and he parks. I'm like "what are you doing?" I stay in the car and am confused. He's messing around in the trunk, and comes to my door with a bag. I'm just like "what are you doing?" He said "let's go check into our room". I was so confused and just thought he was being funny. But....he was serious and I was so suprised! We stayed at the Lodge at Mountain Village. It was so nice!! So Jordan's parents kept Wyatt and Chamberlain all night for us. It was absolutely wonderful and such a great night! It was definitely nice to be able to have a whole night alone with just Jordan, no kids (not that I don't love my kids).

At dinner at Bandits

Waiting for the guy to come and check us in our room

This was our room....a funny posed picture. And funny nature bedding....Jordan said it looks like it was from the 80's. haha

The next morning when we checked out



So Thursday morning (our actual anniversary) we got up (sleeping in was lovely!!!) and got checked out around 11. We went to breakfast at the Morning Ray Cafe. It was really scrumptious! Lots of food! After breakfast we stopped at the Candy Shopp and treated ourselves to another carmel apple, but just the plain carmel apple this time. We ate it and then headed out. We stopped at the outlets in Park City on our way home and checked out a few stores. Then we left at about 1, stopped at Jordan's parents to get the kids, and got home at about 2. It was such a wonderful suprise!

After breakfast

Jordan buying the carmel apple

Our yummy treat! :)



Thanks Jordan! It was the best anniversary! I love you so much and look forward to every day with you!



On another note, today is Wyatt's birthday! He is 2! Where does the time go? It sure doesn't stop or slow down....if anything, i think it's speeding up. Not fair. I love this little boy. We are having a little party on Sunday for him. I'll post pictures from that later. Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYATT!!! WE LOVE YOU!

Enjoying his star shaped donut Jordan got him

No comments: