Thursday, May 26, 2011

Falling and Stepping

So on Saturday we were getting into the car to go visit my grandma. Wyatt was in the car but he wasn't buckled in yet. My Mom was watching my sister's kids so we were in the process of getting the car seats situated. All the sudden I hear Wyatt crying...so i look at the side of the car and Wyatt had fallen out of the car head first onto the driveway. He is really good at getting in and out of the car by himself. Neither my mom or i know what happened, but i'm assuming that he was trying to get out of the car and his foot just got stuck between the door and the floor of the car. The foot stuck but the inertia (like my science words...i know i'm smart :) from his body kept going and he just face planted. Luckily, he wasn't taller and he had his hands out. This is all that happened to him, but it definitely could have been a lot worse. Thankfully he just got a little bruise and scratches. It actually looked like someone had kissed him with lipstick on...it seriously looked like lip marks on his forehead for a few days after. It has cleared up nicely though and I can't hardely even see the scratches anymore.



On another note, this little guy took his first step on Tuesday night. The best part about it is that Jordan got to see it!! We were Skyping with him and I wanted to show him how good Chamberlain was at standing on his own....he stood on his own some before Jordan left but he's been doing it REALLY well the last few days. Anyway, I just said , "Chamberlain, lets show daddy how good you are at standing". So i positioned the computer to the floor so Jordan could see and Chamberlain stood up. I moved a little bit to see if he would take a step cuz i have been trying that the last few days too. Sure enough, Chamberlain lifted up his little foot and took a step. It was a small one but it definitely still counts. I flipped out and got so excited and so did Jordan. I think that's pretty cool that even though Jordan is gone half way around the world, he was able to see Chamberlain's first step.

He still looks like a baby to me, but he's definitely starting to look older. I think he just looks like a baby though because he hardly has any hair. i think if he had more hair he'd look older but i don't know. He's sure cute and totally getting more and more of a personality. I love it! He looks so mature in this picture, sitting in a chair with his book.




And I just thought he looked cute with these sunglasses on the other day. He seems to like it. Isn't he just a cutie?!



I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S GOING TO BE 1 ON SUNDAY! CRAZY!!! Has it seriously already been a year?




No comments: