Last Sunday, July 3, my grandmother passed away (my Dad's mom). She had been suffering with Parkinson's for a few years. Up until a few days before she died, she was still doing pretty good. She fell one night and my grandpa helped her back into bed. The next morning when he went to help her out of bed, she complained that she couldn't use her legs. So my grandpa took her to the doctor or hospital (i'm not sure which one) and she had broken her hip. So she had a hip replacement surgery and while she was recovering from that she came down with Pnemonia, which as most people know, is generally what older people end up dying from. That is what happened with my grandma. I would say that most people in my family think that it was a good thing for her to die. She had been suffering and lost A LOT of weight and couldn't do anything for herself. My grandpa was a full time care taker for her.
Anyway, my family drove out to Oregon for her funeral. I LOVE Oregon!! That is my home, where I grew up and where I would love to live again one day! It is such a beautiful place and it holds so many wonderful memories for me. I haven't been able to be back there since 2006. My Mom and I drove out when Jordan played against Portland State. So it's been a while and we got to stay for a few days. We were lucky enough to have some wonderful friends who let us stay at their house even though they weren't there. One of their daughters was there but she didn't really stay there with us. It is crazy! She is 16 years old now and I used to babysit her when she was just a little baby. Time sure doesn't slow down. I don't have many pictures of the whole family together, and there were actually quite a few people that weren't able to make it out there, but I have pictures of just my family hanging out.

Wyatt and Wrigley trying to crack Carrie open

I'm pretty sure he's right handed, but Wyatt's a total lefty

This is Eliza...she's the one I used to babysit. Wyatt loved playing with her when she was there. He would always say "I want to play with Eliza".

We had to go on a stroll down memory lane. This is the last house I lived in before we moved out here to Utah. It was on the lake and it was so pretty. Definitely one of my favorite houses. We lived in 5 houses while we lived there, just so you know.

The Jeanfreau's (our friends house where we stayed) had a tree house in the back yard. Wyatt and Wrigley loved it! Jordan and Steve thought it was pretty cool too.

It was up the tree pretty high

Wyatt and Wrigley pulling up the bucket

They had fun playing up there

On the way down. I thought Wyatt might be kind of scared, but he didn't seem to be

More trampoline fun....they loved it!

These two either play really well together and or it is a nightmare!!! They both are obsessed with Thomas the train which causes LOTS of problems. It was so nice to have them play so good with each other for the 3 days we were there. It was probably cuz they weren't in their own place with their toys. Either way, thanks for playing nice together boys!
We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. It was pretty cool. I was hoping I would run into someone I knew, but I didn't really. My sister saw one of her old basketball teamates there though. My dad told us about it so we came. My grandpa was going to be there cuz he got his haircut by there and my aunt and uncle and cousins came out too. I did see my 8th grade history (or english, i can't remember) teacher though and some old friends from our ward (well my mom's friend and her husband).

At the farmers market on Lake Oswego. So pretty!!

Mom, brother, sister and wrigley

Eating his shaved ice

Didn't like sitting in the stroller for a prolonged period of time...weird. This kid NEVER sits still!

Most of my family. My family is small on my dad's side but there were some people who weren't in the picture and some people that weren't able to make it out to Oregon. That is my dad 2 people over from me.

Taking a break from the market to chat

If there's any sun, you can bet Jordan will peel his shirt and lay down. I thought it was cute that he took Chamberlain's shirt off too. Although his little tummy needs some sun. His arms, legs and face a fairly tan, but his tummy....it needs a little help.

Chamberlain poking Azlynn in the eye

It was hot outside so we put the sprinkler under the trampoling and let the boys jump and play. Wyatt didn't like it at first but after he warmed up to it, he loved it!!! Aparently Chamberlain wanted to get in on the action.

So we let him...
The last night we were there we drove to downtown Portland and the plan was to walk along the river, but we mostly ended up staying right there and just talking with my sister and her husband.

l
Anyway, my family drove out to Oregon for her funeral. I LOVE Oregon!! That is my home, where I grew up and where I would love to live again one day! It is such a beautiful place and it holds so many wonderful memories for me. I haven't been able to be back there since 2006. My Mom and I drove out when Jordan played against Portland State. So it's been a while and we got to stay for a few days. We were lucky enough to have some wonderful friends who let us stay at their house even though they weren't there. One of their daughters was there but she didn't really stay there with us. It is crazy! She is 16 years old now and I used to babysit her when she was just a little baby. Time sure doesn't slow down. I don't have many pictures of the whole family together, and there were actually quite a few people that weren't able to make it out there, but I have pictures of just my family hanging out.
Wyatt and Wrigley trying to crack Carrie open
I'm pretty sure he's right handed, but Wyatt's a total lefty
This is Eliza...she's the one I used to babysit. Wyatt loved playing with her when she was there. He would always say "I want to play with Eliza".
We had to go on a stroll down memory lane. This is the last house I lived in before we moved out here to Utah. It was on the lake and it was so pretty. Definitely one of my favorite houses. We lived in 5 houses while we lived there, just so you know.
The Jeanfreau's (our friends house where we stayed) had a tree house in the back yard. Wyatt and Wrigley loved it! Jordan and Steve thought it was pretty cool too.
It was up the tree pretty high
Wyatt and Wrigley pulling up the bucket
They had fun playing up there
On the way down. I thought Wyatt might be kind of scared, but he didn't seem to be
More trampoline fun....they loved it!
These two either play really well together and or it is a nightmare!!! They both are obsessed with Thomas the train which causes LOTS of problems. It was so nice to have them play so good with each other for the 3 days we were there. It was probably cuz they weren't in their own place with their toys. Either way, thanks for playing nice together boys!
We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. It was pretty cool. I was hoping I would run into someone I knew, but I didn't really. My sister saw one of her old basketball teamates there though. My dad told us about it so we came. My grandpa was going to be there cuz he got his haircut by there and my aunt and uncle and cousins came out too. I did see my 8th grade history (or english, i can't remember) teacher though and some old friends from our ward (well my mom's friend and her husband).
At the farmers market on Lake Oswego. So pretty!!
Mom, brother, sister and wrigley
Eating his shaved ice
Didn't like sitting in the stroller for a prolonged period of time...weird. This kid NEVER sits still!
Most of my family. My family is small on my dad's side but there were some people who weren't in the picture and some people that weren't able to make it out to Oregon. That is my dad 2 people over from me.
Taking a break from the market to chat
If there's any sun, you can bet Jordan will peel his shirt and lay down. I thought it was cute that he took Chamberlain's shirt off too. Although his little tummy needs some sun. His arms, legs and face a fairly tan, but his tummy....it needs a little help.
Chamberlain poking Azlynn in the eye
It was hot outside so we put the sprinkler under the trampoling and let the boys jump and play. Wyatt didn't like it at first but after he warmed up to it, he loved it!!! Aparently Chamberlain wanted to get in on the action.
So we let him...
The last night we were there we drove to downtown Portland and the plan was to walk along the river, but we mostly ended up staying right there and just talking with my sister and her husband.
I loved the trip and I can't wait to go back to Lake Oswego. I absolutely love it and it was a great place to grow up! Some things are different and some are the same, but it always brings back memories and I had great friends and we had great family friends too. We were lucky enough to be suprised with a visit by the Ainge's too which was nice. We love them! Ok I'm just rambling now so I'll end, but here's a couple of videos...
Chamberlain made his first basket....it's kinda a big deal in our family. Way to go kid!
And a little video of all the boys playing on the trampoline. They had fun
5 comments:
BROOKE! This post makes me SO homesick. I haven't been back since 2005. I'm very jealous as I look at all of your pictures, but I am very sorry for the circumstances that caused your trip back home.
That backyard, and that place in general, looks oddly familiar! ;) I love it. I miss LO daily while I'm here in Utah!
Cute post Brooke! I liked the part about Wrigs and Wyatt! Classic!
I was in Utah while you were guys were in Oregon! Of course, it would have been so fun to see you.
"oh what" LOL, always think of you when I hear Lake Oswego =) glad you moved to Utah though
Post a Comment