Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wyatt Scott Brady

Well, our little bundle of joy has arrived!!! Wyatt Scott Brady was born on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 9:19am. He weighs 7 lbs. 9 oz, and is 20 inches long. He is so sweet and such a wonderful little blessing to us. He is just so precious and small, and we love him so much. He is such a good baby too! He doesn`t cry much at all to be honest. He whines more than he does cry, but it`s a cute little whine. We are so gratful for him and couldn`t be happier.
Jordan and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 23rd. I had a doctors appointment that day and was only dialated to a 1/2 cm. I had been 100% effaced for the whole week before, but no dialation. So my appointment was at 4:30 on the 23rd. After my appointment, Jordan had a game so we went to it. We came home from him game, had dinner and watched a movie. I started having some contractions, but they were very minimal. We went to bed and I woke up at about 4 because I couldn`t sleep, I was having more contractions that were stronger. I ended up waking up Jordan at like 5 and we timed them. They were really constant, but not that regular. They started getting stronger and stronger though. Finally we called the hospital and they told us to come. We checked into the hospital at about 6:45 or 7am. When I got there they checked me and I was already dialated to an 8! Talk about quick dialation! the contractions were really painful so I got an epidural at about 7:30. I started pushing at about 8:20, and little Wyatt was born an hour later at 9:19am. I`ll be honest, I have never felt pain like that before in my life! I think I was as close as you could possibly be to having a natural childbirth, with an epidural. It wore off and I actually dont think it ever worked all the way, but maybe it did. They didn`t want me to be all the way numb so I could still feel to push. I definitely felt everything!! As painful as it was though, I am definitely glad to have Wyatt here with us. He is just so sweet and perfect in every way. Here are some pictures and a video or two. We wish you all could see him in person, but this will have to do for 7 more months.






22 comments:

Tati said...

How cute! Congrats again, Brooke! I really thinking he looks so much like you! (Normally they look like the dads, but not this one!) Poor guy looks like he had a little jaundice, huh? How are you doing now? I hear recovery can be worse than labor!

Well, we're really happy for you!

scsattnco said...

Brooke, you don't know me; I'm one of Jordan's Stolworthy cousins (his aunt Diane's kid). I found your blog with the link Jordan put in the e-mail he sent out after Wyatt was born. Congrats! Wyatt's such a cutie! You both look great!

Carrie Ross said...

My little Wyatt! So cute! You guys I'm so happy for you! Watch out they grow up really really fast! Brooke I decided that the picture of him in the little yellow kimono thing makes him look just like you! I can't wait for you guys to get your computer and for us to figure out the web cam thing so we can let the boys meet! Love you guys!

meag said...

oh brooke, he is so precious, and so cute. How are you feeling? you look great. can't wait to see more pictures, and see how this little guy keeps changing.

Erin said...

Congrats, from cousin Erin in Seattle! Yay! He's here! I've been checking in on you guys regularly hoping for news! What a precious little doll. I'm crazy happy for you guys. Little boys are the best! And I'm happy you had a quick labor, Brooke. You look fantastic...no fair!

The Alspach's said...

He is so freakin cute!!! He came out cute what's up with that no newborns are cute! I am glad you are doing good wish I was there to come visit you! Congrates love ya!

Travis and Emily Leavitt said...

Congrats Brooke he is so cute! My sister in law also had a nurse who felt she shouldn't be numb when she pushed she says that was the worst one and she has had four kids. But he cute and tiny. Sadie wasn't really a crier either there are nice babies to have.

Tina said...

He is precious! Congrats Brookie, BTW you look way too good in the hospital! Well, he'll be one athletic kid that's for sure, and of course he has the best birthday in the world!!!

Shawna Wilson said...

What about a hi to Taryn, huh?! Just kidding! I just love him...I'm so jealous that your mom get's to be with you guys and hold that sweet little guy. Enjoy every moment when they are so small and innocent :) and still snuggle all the time!

Alyssa/Jo said...

YAY! Congratulations! That is wonderful and awesome. I'm sure mothers across the world are jealous of how quickly he came. I always hear the first one is a doozy with being in labor for 24 hours. We love you and miss you!

Geoff & Jill said...

He is soooooo cute!!! Congrats! I still need to e-mail you. How are things over there? How are you feeling?

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

Congrats you guys! I can't wait to meet him! I am glad that everything went smoothly!

danielle said...

oh he's such a doll! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and we are so excited for all of you. Welcome to the fun of parenthood! (yea, forget that sleep thing...)
Stolworthys in Henderson, NV

Walden Family said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Carrie Ross said...

WOW! Lots a comments! Anyways Brooke when you get a minute I have tagged you! Just look at my blog!

Jessica said...

Congratulations Brooke and Brady. He is so stinkin handsome!!! Isn't it amazing how tiny they are. I still get amazed when I see newborns and how tiny they are. You look fabulous and someone said it in your prior comments... you look way to good to have just had a baby! That was way quick for your first. You better plan on having a dozen if you can do it that quick!!! Congrats again! My advise... sleep when he sleeps. I wish I would have done more of that with my first because once you have your second you won't get to enjoy that.

Whitney Ormsby said...

Congrats Brooke! Your baby looks great and healthy, and so do you!! Best wishes on this new adventure in your life!

dallins said...

Brooke! Congratulations! I am totally out of the loop and then i find out you had your baby! I am so excited for you and Jordan! He is a gorgeous baby! I hope all is going well and I want to see you when you get back! love you guys!

Brooke and Justin said...

He is so adorable! I can not believe you guys are parents! We are doing great! We miss you guys!

Grandma Jan said...

Dear Jordan and Brooke:
What a CUTIE!!! Congratulations to you both. Thanks for the fun pictures, keep sending them.
Love to you all!

Rachel said...

He is so adorable Brooke! Congratulations!